We would like to thank our sponsors, partners and participating delegates for making the the Annual President’s Dinner and Awards and the ITS (UK) Summit such a great success.
Keynote promises major announcement for West Midlands ITS at 2019 Summit
In 2019 the event concentrated on policy, implementation and funding. The Summit included the West Midlands-based ITS projects that are changing mobility in the West Midlands, an interactive session on implementation and a return of our hugely popular adversarial Oxford-style debate, this time concentrating on the future of shared mobility.
- Oxford style debate on whether shared mobility is the only sustainable future for transport
- Hear about the implementation and achievements of groundbreaking ITS projects in the English Midlands
- What does the end user want from the transport network?
- Join in an interactive session on using budgetary and political constraints to your advantage
- Hear from the next generation of ITS experts and from thought leaders on subjects such as safety, transport planning, collaboration, environment and air quality
After the opening address from the ITS (UK) President, former Transport Minister Steve Norris, we featured the groundbreaking ITS projects in the West Midlands from driverless car development to connected vehicle implementation. We heard how the projects were plan and delivered, their achievements and benefits and what the rest of the country, and indeed the world, can learn from it. We also heard from Transport Focus about what the end user – the driver or passenger – wants from their transport network and tricks on how to ensure we deliver what they want and need when developing ITS solutions.
- Steve Norris, President ITS (UK) and former Transport Minister
- Mike Waters, Director of Policy, Strategy and Innovation, Transport for West Midlands
- Dr Alastair McInroy, Senior Programme Manager, Technology Scotlan
- Ben Lawson, VP Mobility and Project Development UK and Ireland, Enterprise Rent A Car
- Lee Rowbotham, Senior Stakeholder Manager, Transport Focus
- James Taylor, Managing Director, ShareNow
- Andy Graham, Owner White Willow Consulting and Chair, ITS (UK) Connected Vehicles Forum
- Catherine Bowen, Senior Policy Advisor, BVRLA
- Teresa Jolley, Creative Director, DEFT153
- Jennie Martin, Secretary General ITS (UK)
- Darren Capes, ITS Policy Lead, Traffic and Technology Division, Department for Transport
- David Powell, Head of ITS at Cubic Transportation Systems
- James Bulleid, ITS Systems and Infrastructure Director, WSP
- Colin Brookes, Commercial Director, Gaist
- Dr Jill Hayden, Technical Director - Transportation, Atkins (Member of the SNC Lavalin Group)